Saturday 16 March 2013

Creativity Venture 2013

Well February flew past in the blink of an eye and I neglected to get my challenges done for an online group i'm part of, So playing catch up I got to work on my Feb Personal Challenge first.
I was given instructions on a 3 part sampler
Working to the plans above and instructions as to what to add for each colour this is what I ended up with.
 Comprising of a number of techniques, for example the black/blue numbers is texture paste & pan pastel, the blue/white next to it is a faux enamel with ink and embossing powder.
There is alcohol ink, gilt wax, dry embossing, stencilling, stamping, dripping, spraying and fabric.. and the list goes on.
I built up the layers {some with foam tape} and then added black pen round it all to bring the whole piece together. I think if I were to try this again I would do it in shades of 1 or 2 colours but for this I just went colour crazy which is quite unlike me, i'm trying to broaden myself artistically!
So that's 1 challenge down, now on to making a start on the group challenge, I'll be back to share it when it's done.
Thanks for visiting x
Stay Inky
 photo fw22393_zps92c938d9.gif

10 comments:

trisha too said...

Minxy, that is simply gorgeous.

:)

Words and Pictures said...

Blimey... not sure I understand the instruction sheets, but I LOVE what you've created from them... that texture paste with the number stencil looks amazing, and the variety of techniques and patinas and colours is just glorious! What a showcase for your skills and creativity...
Alison x

suzieq23 said...

WOW, what a great crazy idea. Just love it. At first I thought you had to follow the boxes by color, but it seems like it doesnt work that way. Whatever, I love it and it reminds of Tim's pandemonium? piece. Will have to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

suzieq23 said...

me again. the more i look at this I just realized that you prob got instructions as which technique to use, color, etc. would it be too much to share with me or would that be against the rules. If you can, great, and if not i understand. thanks. hopefully you can respond to me here or my email....suzschultz23@aol.com

craftimamma said...

Wow, Minxy what a challenge I must say! Much too daunting for me (I wouldn't have the patience) but your project is stunning. It's brilliantly executed and shows such a lot of skill, creativity and talent as well as looking fabulous. Well done chick!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Helen said...

Crumbs, it looks very complicated to me, like Pooh I am a bear of very little brain sometimes, but I love what you've done here!

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Totally gorgeous! I want that challenge too now!

snazzyoriginal said...

Amazing piece choc full of colour & texture xx

Last Door Studio said...

Nicky this is so much better than I imagined it would be..

Thanks for taking up the challenge and running with it..

Hope you revisit this after a couple of months time and see what you would come up with..

Well done.

Sandra

May said...

WOW! Fabulous piece...Full of wonderful texture & colours...Love it!! Hugs May x x x