Sunday 11 July 2010

Tag Team...

Ok so all the decorating is done, most of the new furniture is in {although waiting on a couple more units} 
The desk is partially set up which means i could finally have a little play with my stash as was getting withdrawal. 
And just in time too {as c.o.c.c will have a new challenge on monday}.. 
This is my Shabby Chic effort for the COC challenge.. Page 49 this time I believe.
I painted my tag using Snow Cap and overpainted with Lettuce.. At first it was a bit hit and miss as my embossed bit was picking up all the green so i let a dry {obviously didn't leave it long enough the first time} and then buffed it clean. I finished by giving it a bit more distress with a few swishes of snow cap once i'd stamped all the black images.
***
The next tag i made was for week #25 of the UK Stampers weekly challenge.
It has to include..
1. Something Shiny
2. Numbers
3. Stamped image of a child.
base coat on tag is PT 'walnut' ink
Girl image..{tim stamp in memento black}.. check
numbers..{tim alphabet die}.. check
shiny.. enamel accents over numbers.. check
plus some filmstrip and wording,{both tim dies}to finish
If you want a chance to own these tags I will be sending both off for this months Art Raffle as the theme this month is 'Tags' so hop on over.. You can win, but only if you join in!
♥ HUGZ ♥

18 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Minxy, I am LOVING your shabby chic gorgeousness! The green is just yummy, and you can't go wrong with that chandelier stamps. The lighter color frame is spectacular, and I realize looking at your card that I've never done a light background with a darker wash, and now I have to try it. It's a really pretty, soft look.

I'm glad you're getting settled in and I hope it's all going beautifully for you. Thanks so much for fitting the challenge in when you're so busy already! Can't wait to see what you create for Challenge 5!

Hugs,
Linda

Sid said...

Two fab tags ! Super work !

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous tags Nicky
x

Tanya said...

Great tags Minxy!!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, you've worked really hard and squashed in some crafting - amazing how you NEED to do something after just a handful of days. Love the tags - the lettuce one is my fave for sure, but you know me and colour!

Anonymous said...

These are both gorgeous Nicky! xx

minnie_mac said...

Great tags both. Love the colours and the stamping.

Marilyn

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Fab tags, great images and colours! hugs Heidi xx

Netty said...

Both beautiful creations, love them. Annette x

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I especially love the second one - it's gorgeous! Really love the way the numbers are highlighted.

Artyjen said...

Like the shabby look :) Bet your new room will be a dream to work in
xoxo Sioux

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

loving the tags, especially the first one..gorgeous!!
xx

Jingle said...

These tags are so fabulous!

sam21ski said...

Ooooh both of these are stunning xxxx

Angelnorth said...

Great tags, particularly like the shabby chic one, great effect with the green and white!

Zuzu's Blog said...

I am in your blog having a wander :) felt like some blog hopping today as i rarely get the chance.
I love tags... Love making them as they are nice things to give as tokens to friends and family.. a good size (as i usually do jumbo tags) and a little different from a card and i love these tags.. particularly the first one.. very classy and aged looking... nice job...

Deborah said...

Fabulous shabby chic tag. I love the blue and green together (who said they should never be seen!. Your numbers tag is cool too.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Love it, especially the green one!

Lucy x