Friday 9 April 2010

Butterfly Moments

As you read this i will be winging my way down the motorway to London in readyness for this weekends 
@Ally Pally {i shall be attending both days}
So today i thought i'd share a piece of artwork that will be displayed on The Stamp Connection {aka the artistic stamper}Stand 49 at the show.
Melt art meltdown.. or Butterfly Moments as i like to call it was the result of a play date with a crafty friend. 
 I decided it was time to pull out the old melt pot as it was getting dusty, I had some old white embossing powder that i wanted to use up, i figured it would be ok in the MP so in it went.. it took a bit longer then it should of to melt and was going very creamy when i tryed stiring it.. At this point i concluded it wasn't such a good idea to use non UTEE powder and frantically started scrapping it from the pan... the nearest thing i had to scrap it onto was a piece of canvas mountboard.
Once it was out and i had cleaned my pot i looked at the gloopy mess that had hardened and me being me thought.. that will make an unusual base for a project.. with a splosh of brown paint and bronze edging it was ready for a centre piece.
{click to enlarge for more detail}
Before the goo disaster {happy accident lol} i had made a few faces using molds, clear utee and some of the offending white powder.. I prettyed up her face using my copics.
I matted an old piece of book page onto some board and stamped the my fav moth from the insects and butterflys plate, i cut this out. The left over board i used to cut a body shape out and with a few real feathers i created a beautiful butterfly effect.
Finishing touches were some punched out butterfly shapes, the 'butterfly words' verse stamped on card and given a torn edge before mounting, and a couple of eyeletted holes and ribbon to hang.

I look forward to hopefully seeing some of you at the show over the weekend... i'll be the one dragging this altered trolly back and forth...
So if you visit my blog, and you do happen to see me,
please come and say hello, i'd love to meet you xx
♥ HUGZ ♥

7 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Wow! What a fantastic piece you've created here and, I love your altered trolley too! have a fab time at Ally Pally x

Crafting Queen said...

Wow stunning, hope you have a wonderful time at the show. Anesha

June said...

What fabulous artwork, you are so creative and clever, I love your work.
hugs June xxx

PS. you are invited to my new ning group
for freebies and sharing art.
http://showandshareart.ning.com/

Juls said...

these are gorgeous!! Love how you have the butterfly at her neck!! stunning!! and the bag is fabby too!! hugs Juls

sam21ski said...

Happy accidents are usually the best way of finding out new things - love yours and what you did with it

Have a fab weekend at Ally Pally, unfortunately I won't be going, it's way too far to go!!!!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

This is even better in the flesh, so to speak and I just love it! was fab to see you
A BIG hug xx

Creative Studios by Sam Poole said...

I love this!!! i might have to send my tote bag your way lol

Fab blog hun!

Sam x