Thursday 27 November 2008

I was "Framed" i tell you

This time round the curtains have opened up on the altercation of a FRAME
It just so happens i had a sad lonely cheap wood frame that i had coated silver and then left neglected for some time, i re-coloured the frame with a brown acrylic dabber.
That was the easy bit... I then must of spent a total of 2 or so hours stamping and cutting out what seemed like a never ending pile of multiple size Stitchel flowers, leaves & bugs from Basic Grey figgy pudding papers, once these were all finally done i further inked them to give an aged less shiny and new look. Then it was a case of just sticking em all onto the frame, i used silicone for this.
Ah voila.. one frame...

...but being me, i decided to go a tad further and decorate the back of the glass as well, i used a new twirl frame stamp available here to create a smaller frame inside using brown stazon, i let it dry. I have some fab copper leaf, which i stuck all round the stamped frame using my {once thought useless never used} Stick and Stamp pad {finally i have a use for it lol} and where it missed a couple of spots i dabbed some copper coloured acrylic dabber, giving the overall look from the front as sort of mottled. I finished with a cute image printed from my TH Distressables CD, highlighted a couple of areas using similar colours to those in the paper flowers to tie it all together.

It actually came out better than i thought it would so I'm quite chuffed with it.

What do you think?

xx Hugz xx

14 comments:

Ann said...

WOW!! Nicky this is just soooo amazing, I lurve it, you're so inspirational!!! Gorgeous!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning Nicky! Love it!! xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Minxy, it is stunning - I love what you did with the Stitchels hun...fantastic!! Great to see you back being creative again hun xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

mmm good enough to eat.. well okay I don't think I would ...thank you for joining in the challenge
xx

shaz earl said...

Nicky this is truly gorgeous!!!! love it xx

SueHart said...

Wow, Nicky, it's fantastic. Love the papers fro the flowers, etc.
Have left an award on my blog for you. xx

Juanita said...

I love this! I thought that was a photo mat, not painted glass. Too cool!

Kazza said...

Stunning Minxy - love the copper leaf, all the flowers, everything!

Tracey said...

Oooooh, Nicky this is fantastic, love it.
xx

Claireabelle said...

You have every right to be chuffed with it Nicky, it's absolutely FANTASTIC!!
x

Andrea said...

oh my Nicky this is just brilliant, love everything about it x

Sam said...

Absolutely stunning Nicky, it's great how you've used the stitchel stamps.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is beautiful.

Lorraine said...

really like this frame and thanks for becoming a follower of my blog..the more the merrier!